Now that we have reviewed the achievements (and sometimes failures) of last year, it’s time to lay out the plans for 2020.
Let’s jump right into it!
- Complete a total of 90 Parkruns – I am currently sat at 46, with no chance of doing any until late January. If I can start again on 2nd February, that leaves me with 49 possible Parkruns in the year, including the Christmas day run. In other words, I would have five ‘spare’ weekends – not enough to break a limb again, but enough for life getting in the way 🙂
- Listen to one audio-book a month, or 12 in the year. I already have American Gods by Neil Gaiman underway, and A Game of Thrones by George R R Martin lined up. Like last year I am going to try and keep the mix eclectic, ranging across fiction, non-fiction and auto/biography.
- Listen to four podcast series in the year. These are discrete series that have an end, rather than on-going serials. I am going for – Caliphate, Living With The Gods, A History of the World in 100 Objects, and Philosophy for Beginners. With me luck!
- Read one book a month, or 12 in the year. This one will take a bit of life re-organisation to achieve, so needs a bit of discipline and commitment. I am starting with The Hare With Amber Eyes by Edward De Waal, and as with the audio-books I am going to try and have a mix of different genres.
- Go on six adventures from the box. Unlike last year, the adventures have been chosen and roughly planned out. In March, whilst my partner is running a marathon, I am going to go to Wicken Fen in Cambridgeshire. In summer we are going to take a short break to North and Central Wales and go to the Blue Lake at Barmouth. And around October we are going to Cornwall, where I am going to try and learn to surf again. On top of that, I have two walks that can be done in a day trip from London (Henley and Seven Sisters), and one BIG BREAK adventure to walk all 186 miles of the Thames Path.
My final unofficial resolution is to keep this blog more up to date, so I will try to provide updates on all of the above! Happy 2020 everyone!